Most days, we could catch sight of him happily slurping the blood of his prey. But not today. Because, with kindness, skill, and patience, this character has tamed the beast, creating an ally of him—and becoming his ally as well.
Tarot writing prompt
So. Who’s the beast in your or your character’s world?
- A tough-minded boss, like the Anna Wintour character in THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA?
- A captor, like the king in Scheherezade‘s story, ONE THOUSAND AND ONE ARABIAN NIGHTS?
- A schoolyard or workplace bully?
- A feral kitten? (See Button’s story, complete with tips for naming your characters!)
- A domineering parent? (See “Only Part of the Story,” complete with bonus writing prompt!)
- Or an actual lion, like the grateful big cat in “Androcles and the Lion“?
And what clever trick do you or your character pull out of your or her backpack to turn that beast into a purring pussycat?
* * *