Last updated on May 9, 2019.
Statement of Intent: Writing Coaching, Consulting, Editing Services
As a writing coach, consultant, and editor, I provide professional feedback based on my experience in the writing field. My suggestions and edits are intended to improve clients’ work-in-progress and to motivate, inform, and support my clients. However, in no way is engaging any of my services a guarantee of publication, sales, or critical acclaim.
Additionally, writing is deep work that comes with its own risks and discoveries. While I will endeavor to support you in your writing, I am neither a therapist nor an attorney. However, as you continue on your writing path, you may find that the services of one or both will offer you valuable guidance beyond the scope of our relationship as writing coach/editor and client.
Your Intellectual Property
During the course of our work together, I will be in possession of your intellectual property (IP) and related materials. These are your valuable, special, and unique assets. I will not, at any time or in any manner, either directly or indirectly, use your IP for my own benefit, or divulge, disclose, or communicate any of your IP to any third party without your prior consent.
Upon completion of our service agreement, while adhering to the terms regarding your IP in the paragraph above, I retain the right to either store or terminate your materials as I deem necessary. Since at that time I will no longer bear any responsibility to store or retain any of your work or associated materials or my notes on such, please be sure to keep notes during our conversations as you deem relevant and retain those, as well as making backups and/or copies for yourself of any materials you have shared with me during the period governed by our agreement.
- Clients pay in full for all agreed-upon services before services commence.
- After a 72-hour cancellation grace period, calculated from time of payment, all fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Five-hour coaching/consulting packages expire six months from purchase date. The 100 Days Plan expires one hundred days from purchase date. Any other plan/package expires as agreed upon and noted in invoice.
- For hourly-package clients, changing any appointment with less than 24 business hours (9 a.m.-5 p.m., M-F—Monday appointments by the previous Friday at noon) will result in a one-hour charge.
- Returned check fee is $100 per check. Issuers of returned checks will also be liable for any associated bank penalties imposed.
Copy Edited, Line Edited, or Proofread Documents
- Upon completion of any agreed-upon editing services, documents (of any length or at any point of completion) will be delivered to client via email. While, as mentioned above, at that point, I retain the right to either store or terminate your materials as I deem necessary, I no longer bear responsibility for the storage of clients’ work or associated materials. Therefore, please be sure to make backups and/or copies for yourself of any materials you have shared with me during our work together.
- In the event that I am prevented by illness or other unforeseen circumstances from fulfilling my agreed-upon obligation to any coaching, consulting, or editing client, a full refund of any outstanding credit that client may have will be made to the client. My liability will be exclusively limited to no more than a refund of monies remaining for unused hours or incomplete portions of editing.
- Clients agree to indemnify, defend, and hold me, Jamie Morris (and my contractors, agents, and representatives), harmless from all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, judgments, damages, penalties, or expenses, of whatever kind, including interest, attorney’s fees, court costs, and other reasonable costs and charges that may result from my feedback or direction, written or oral, for which my professional services have been engaged.
This website is owned and operated by Jamie Morris and is a Florida company. Our principal place of business is located at 442 Citrus Lane, Maitland FL 32275.
You must be at least sixteen years of age to use our website. Use of this website is at your own risk. We host our site on a reputable platform and take reasonable efforts to maintain and host the site. However, we make no explicit representations or warranties as to the safety or your individual use of the website. The Terms and Conditions contained on this page is subject to change at any time.
Our Intellectual Property Notice
All images, text, designs, graphics, trademarks, and service marks are owned by and property of Jamie Morris or the properly attributed party. It is a violation of federal law to use any of our intellectual property, in whole or in part, and modification of any materials contained on this site is illegal and may be prosecuted to the fullest extent permissible should we choose to do so, including asking for financial penalties (damages) and/or an injunction forcing you to stop using our intellectual property immediately.
You may use our intellectual property with clear and obvious credit back to our site, as well links back to the page where the materials, designs, images, text, quote, or post is located when it is appropriate to do so. However, you may never claim any of our intellectual property as your own or your unique creation, even with attribution.
You agree not to submit any content or communications that could be illegal or serve an unlawful purpose, including, but not limited to, communications that are potentially libelous or maliciously false, obscene, abusive, negligent, or otherwise harmful or inappropriate.
Our website and related materials are provided for educational and informational use only. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless our website and company for any direct or indirect loss or conduct incurred as a result of your use of our website and any related communications, including as a result of any consequences incurred from technological failures such as a payment processor error(s) or system failure(s).
While we may reference certain results, outcomes, or situations on this website, you understand and acknowledge that we make no guarantee as to the accuracy of third-party statements contained herein or the likelihood of success for you as a result of these statements or any other statements anywhere on this website. If you have medical, legal, or financial questions, you should consult a medical professional, lawyer, or CPA, and/or CFP, respectively. We expressly disclaim any and all responsibility for any actions or omissions you choose to make as a result of using this website, related materials, products, courses, or the materials contained herein.
This website is updated on a regular basis, and while we try to make accurate statements in a timely and effective manner, we cannot guarantee that all materials and related media contained herein are entirely accurate, complete, or up to date. You expressly acknowledge and understand that any information or knowledge you gain as a result of using this website is used at your own risk. If you should see any errors or omissions, and would like to let us know, please email us at VoiceHeartVision@gmail.com.
This site may use affiliate links to sell certain products or services. We disclaim any and all liability as a result of your purchase through one of these links. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you when and where we have placed affiliate links in addition to this disclaimer located in these Terms and Conditions. You accept express liability for any and all consequences or benefits of clicking the affiliate links contained on this website or related communications.
If, at any time we feel you have violated these Terms and Conditions, we shall immediately terminate your use of our website and any related communications as we deem appropriate. It is within our sole discretion to allow any user’s access of our website, and we may revoke this access at any time without notice and, if necessary, block your IP address from further visits to our site(s).
Changes to this Terms and Conditions policy
Law and Jurisdiction