HAVING EXHAUSTED ALL CONVENTIONAL ROUTES to achieve her goal, your character has decided to cook up a spell—literally! in her kitchen!—to weigh the odds in her favor. Prompt: Write a story (poem? personal essay?) in which you answer the following:
- What (or whom?) is she trying to summon?
- What ingredients does she stir into her cauldron (pot? skillet?)?
- What incantation does she murmur (shout? sing?) over her stove?
- Where does she pour (sprinkle? wipe? hide?) her potion?
- Does she get what she hopes for?
- If so, what is the result?
- If not, what does she get instead?