Your payment for any service offered on this site signifies your understanding of the Statement of Intent and agreement with the policies, below.
Statement of Intent: Writing Coaching, Consulting, Editing Services
As a writing coach, consultant, and editor, I provide professional feedback based on my experience in the writing field. My suggestions and edits are intended to improve clients’ work-in-progress and to motivate, inform, and support my clients. However, in no way is engaging any of my services a guarantee of publication, sales, or critical acclaim.
- Developmental editing/coaching/consulting clients pay in full for agreed-upon services before services commence.
- Appointments changed with less than 24 hours notice will result in a one-hour charge to writing/editing client’s account.
- All fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable.
- Returned check fee is $50 per check. Issuers of returned checks will also be liable for any associated bank penalties imposed.
- Five-hour coaching/consulting packages expire six months from purchase date.
Copy-Edited or Proofread Documents
- Upon completion of agreed upon copy-editing or proofreading services, documents (of any length or at any point of completion) will be delivered to clients via email. At that point, I no longer bear responsibility for the storage of clients’ work.
- In the event that I am prevented by illness or other unforeseen circumstances from fulfilling my agreed upon obligation to any coaching, consulting, or editing client, a full refund of any outstanding credit that client may have will be made to the client. My liability will be exclusively limited to no more than a refund of monies remaining for unused hours or editing.
- Clients agree to indemnify, defend, and hold me, Jamie Morris (and my contractors, agents, and representatives), harmless from all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, liabilities, losses, judgments, damages, penalties, or expenses, of whatever kind, including interest, attorney’s fees, court costs, and other reasonable costs and charges, which may result from my feedback or direction, written or oral, for which my professional services have been engaged.